Download the latest Financial Services Guide below.
About the role:
Working closely with each of our Business Unit Leaders and reporting into the Chief Risk Officer the position will be responsible for the provision of specialist and expert advice to support the management of risk across The Viridian Group. The successful candidate will foster relationships with Senior Leaders to understand the operational risk environment while providing analysis and insight to inform Viridian’s strategic risk profile.
The successful candidate will operate as part of the broader Risk and Compliance Team, while also working independently to identify and raise opportunities for improvement. You will have diverse responsibilities and be challenged daily while having true job autonomy to implement approved recommendations. You will be welcomed by a team of passionate, down-to-earth, risk and compliance professionals who enjoy keeping up to date with industry developments, and whom support flexible working arrangements to suit your needs outside of work.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
Other skills and experiences include:
Working at Viridian:
You will have access to a range of benefits centered around community and inclusivity:
We treat all inquiries confidentially; you are welcome to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.
We warmly welcome candidates who meet the above points under “knowledge, skills & experience” to apply. Please note, this position will require a Police Check. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
This advert will close Sunday 31 July 2022, 9.00pm however shortlisting will commence immediately.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage candidates to contact us if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.
, with Tertiary qualifications in business or finance related discipline.
Working closely with the VFGL Executive Team and the Business Operations Group and reporting into the Head of Viridian Private Wealth the position will be responsible for driving a localized strategy and business management for our Financial Advisors and Support Groups, based across Western Australia and South Australia.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
Strategy & Business Management (WA /SA)
People Leadership & Compliance
Knowledge, skills & experience:
We are looking for an experienced people leader with strong business development capability. Your team will value your industry insights and strong business relationship skills that enhances their experience.
Make a difference in the moments that matter through time off for team Volunteering Days through the Viridian Community Program.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our Board and Executive sponsored Diversity, Inclusion, Equality and Belonging Council ensures we are reflective of the communities we serve.
We want to empower you to continue to educate and develop because your development is Viridian’s development.
Award Winning Wellness Program
Designed by the voice of our people to ensure “wellness” means the wellness of our entire team.
Paid Leave “Wellbeing” and Birthdays
Receive an additional two days of paid leave per year to help ensure you are taking care of and celebrating number one… yourself.
Medibank Corporate Health Cover
Viridian Advisory has partnered with Medibank to provide our people with access to discounted premiums, subsidised excess and the Live Better program.
Employee Assistance Program
Confidential access to individual external support to help navigate and thrive through the ups and downs of life, health and work.
Flexible working across all job roles that enables you to chose whether you work from home, settle down in one office or perhaps take it on the road to see what the entire country has to offer across our 27 offices.
Boost Up Your Annual Leave
Up to four weeks additional leave per year to ensure that when you want to take “that trip” you can make the most of it.
Best for Our Clients and Our People
Discounted financial advice for you and direct family members.
Our Team is led by our Chief Financial Officer with the assistance of our Finance Managers. While our monthly finance and reporting requirements are our priority – we also spend time on program development, technical analysis, review of operational/market trends and provide recommendations.
Our Assistant Accountant will have the ability to recognise and proactively research and resolve any queries, and have a keen interest in research and analysis. They possess the ability to work in a dynamic environment which moves between autonomy and team work. They hold diversified interests in technology and systems which continually improve our environment, and are dedicated to developing themselves further whether through education or on the job learning.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant role at Viridian Advisory include but are not limited to:
• Owning the Accounts Payable process, including the review of supplier invoices against supporting documentation, processing supplier payments and responding to supplier queries
• Assist in monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
• Support Management Accountant with month end procedures and reporting
• Ad hoc accounting analysis and investigations (including transaction investigation)
• Working harmoniously with the Finance team, as well as Viridian’s offshore bookkeeping team to ensure accurate reporting
• Assist with the development of new processes as well as improving legacy processes
The successful applicant will have:
• Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including both verbal and written)
• Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
• Excellent time management skills
• Exceptionally high attention to detail
• Excellent ability to multitask
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
• In progress or willing to commence post graduate qualifications in CA/CPA
• Previous experience with bookkeeping responsibilities
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written and listening)
• Organisational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to learn and operate new systems
• Xero experience – preferable but not required
What You Get From Us
Working at Viridian means that you’ll have access to a range of benefits centred around community and inclusivity, including:
• Unique and generous leave benefits, such as Birthday Leave, Wellness Day and Grandparental Leave
• Flexible work options
• Access to the Employee Share Scheme (after a qualifying period)
• Opportunity to participate in the Viridian Community Program
To apply, please submit your CV and Cover Letter.
For any role specific questions, or to refer someone, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, this position requires a police check.